Class 3- Blog
This terms topic is water water everywhere.
We are writing a kenning poem this week and last week we looked at haiku poems. Haiku poems can be made up as long as it has 5 syllables on the first line 7 on the second/middle and five again to end.
We learnt about place value this week and last week. We have been learning to round digits to the nearest 10 and 100 and 1000 for year 4.
In Geography we have been learning about rivers. So far we have stuck a map in and labelled all the important and well known rivers in the world. We even have names of rivers for our table names.
We are still on the water topic about river Nile and Egypt and the World War- we are exited .
by Florence and Eliza
Autumn Term 1
Welcome back to our new school year! We are starting this first half term with our topic of 'Water, Water, Everywhere' and the children have already made a great start to their learning. Please see Class Three's learning overview for more details about what the children will be learning across the curriculum this term.
Key Information for Autumn:
- The children will be starting their swimming lessons on Tuesday afternoons from 11th September. Please ensure they have their full swimming kit in school on this day
- Our other PE lesson will take place on a Monday but PE kits should remain in school at all times in case this changes.
- Half termly homework grids will be sent out on Friday 14th September, these will be on the first page of your child's homework book (green).
- Please complete the weekly homework task by Thursday of each week and return to school on that day.
- Reading books will be changed each day, as needed. Please ensure that reading records are signed on completion of a book, including comments where possible.