Welcome to Class Three!
Our class teacher is Miss Birch and our Teaching Assistant is Mrs Fielding.
In our class we have 32 children, 20 year 3 and 12 year 4.
This year, we will also be taught for RE and Computing by Mrs Oddie every Thursday morning. Please visit our class page throughout the year to see updates and pictures of exciting things we have been doing in class!
This week at school, we have enjoyed creating our own special remembrance garden in the school playground to honour those who died in WW1. We have painted pebbles to display in the area and we have dedicated a special bench to the fallen soldiers of the war. We are going to use this area as a place to think, remember and reflect.
Welcome back to our new term! This term we are starting a new topic which is called 'Earthlings' and we will be learning about all things space and science fiction! This term we will also be getting ready to celebrate Christmas so we have a lot of exciting things ahead.
Today we have had an exciting day because we had a special art lesson where we made clay poppies. We learnt techniques to make our poppy and then we were able to experiment with the clay.
Look at the picture below of our final poppy designs. What do you think?
Autumn Term 1
Welcome back to our new school year! We are starting this first half term with our topic of 'Water, Water, Everywhere' and the children have already made a great start to their learning. Please see Class Three's learning overview for more details about what the children will be learning across the curriculum this term.
Key Information for Autumn:
- The children will be starting their swimming lessons on Tuesday afternoons from 11th September. Please ensure they have their full swimming kit in school on this day
- Our other PE lesson will take place on a Monday but PE kits should remain in school at all times in case this changes.
- Half termly homework grids will be sent out on Friday 14th September, these will be on the first page of your child's homework book (green).
- Please complete the weekly homework task by Thursday of each week and return to school on that day.
- Reading books will be changed each day, as needed. Please ensure that reading records are signed on completion of a book, including comments where possible.
Class 3- Blog
This term's topic is 'Water, Water Everywhere'.
We are writing a Kenning poem this week and last week we looked at Haiku poems. Haiku poems can be made up as long as it has 5 syllables on the first line 7 on the second/middle and five again to end.
We learnt about place value this week and last week. We have been learning to round digits to the nearest 10 and 100 and 1000 for Year 4.
In Geography we have been learning about rivers. So far we have stuck a map in and labelled all the important and well known rivers in the world. We even have names of rivers for our table names.
We are still on the water topic about river Nile and Egypt and the World War- we are exited!
By Florence and Eliza